Living within yourself shuts you from understanding, appreciating and being sensitive to the outside world. We all have our ups and downs in life. And we all have our moods. But one cannot wallow in one’s sorrow all the time. Pull yourself out of it and look at the world that surrounds you. Be appreciative, be concerned for those around you, be ready to help, be sensitive. It drives away your sorrow and helps you to look at yourself and others in a new light. Here are a few tips:
- Wake up each morning with a prayer of gratitude.
- Push away thoughts that are negative and full of self-pity.
- Dress yourself to look your best. (Being well-groomed enhances your self-esteem and confidence)
- Do your best at work with a smile on your face. That smile can lighten your heart and mind.
- Sing your favourite song and play your favourite music. It will distract you.
- Keep yourself busy. Doing what you love will brighten you up.
- Be of use to someone known or unknown. It leaves you with a feeling of accomplishment.
- Nothing like having a pet to help you drown your sorrow.
These are just a few tips to ensure that you avoid living within yourself when you have gone through a hard time. However, you must furthermore try your remedies to help you out of falling into your self made pit because you are your own healer. Who knows you better than you!